The TriStim convergent perforating system rethinks the age old process of perforating by offering a unique configuration where three charges collaborate in unison to deliver a bigger, cleaner and deeper perforation.
This improved charge geometry harnesses the power of the three convergent shock waves to create a perforation that has less perforation induced formation damage, whilst also significantly improving inflow from the well.
TriStim gun assembly
Enhanced perforation performance and production efficiencies
Forward-thinking operators and service companies around the globe are using TriStim right now to deliver enhanced perforation performance which can be directly correlated with production efficiencies.
Our focus with operators is helping them to fuel future growth, optimise operations and maximise production value. Our oil services partners see TriStim as a differentiator in the worldwide battle between efficient extraction of hydrocarbons and cost.
What makes TriStim different?
TriStim uses three shaped charges in concert. Not just one shaped charge, as with conventional perforating systems, but three. The triple charge configuration makes TriStim unique.
Angling the three charges so that they converge enables TriStim to deliver the optimum perforation tunnel because of the combined shockwave effects.
Extensive research & development validated by real well deployments
TriStim has been through an intensive programme of research & development as part of the organised journey to commercialisaion. Independent industry experts also contributed to the validation of the gun system.
Now that TriStim is being deployed all around the world, the best validation of performance is to be seen in the case studies of real well deployments.
The core economic benefits of using TriStim
TriStim is a perforating system that delivers benefits for both conventional and unconventional oil & gas wells.
￼Benefits for conventional wells
The implications of improving hydrocarbon flow (and hence increasing productivity) go far beyond simply producing more barrels per day:
- Making depleted and uneconomic assets economic again (whether individual wells or entire fields).
- Reducing the time taken to exploit individual wells by reducing the lifecycle cost of exploitation, while also extending the scale of the production project.
- Ultimately increasing asset value, recoverable hydrocarbon reserves, and hence shareholder value.
Benefits for unconventional wells
Reducing the initiation pressure for fracking means savings in horsepower, manpower, water, chemicals, equipment and logistics. Once again the knock-on effects can be major. For example:
- Savings in well construction costs due to lower fracture pressure and the potential to perform more fracs per well.
- Savings in water offsetting transportation bottlenecks and other causes of shortage.
- Savings in chemicals, water and other materials, plus reduced logistics requirements, adding up to reduced environmental footprint and a good PR story.
Read more about the improved well productivity that TriStim can facilitate.
As you might expect, different applications and different situations reap different combinations of benefits. But all can benefit from TriStim’s key technical benefits.
Read more about these benefits by clicking below.
TriStim is built upon patented ballistics technology defined in UK patent grant GB2529111.
TriStim case studies
Case studies of recent deployments are being added as data becomes available.